Please print these Travel Vaccine Planner Forms and drop off at the office or click here to e-mail your forms several days before your first visit. If you have not received a confirmatory email within 24 hours of submission, please contact the office.
Novi Travel Health Services & Travel Medicine Consultations
For travel health medical services, information and immunizations you need before you travel, our Novi, MI travel medicine team will:
- Assess your health history & individual needs based on your itinerary
- Provide a detailed customized binder with the latest information on health risks, required & recommended immunizations, safety precautions & security tips, and medical evacuation
- Discuss precautionary measures for dietary and recreational activities
- Administer and prescribe immunizations and medications
PrimeCare of Novi has the most up-to-date travel health information. We are in direct contact with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and world health surveillance sources who constantly monitor outbreaks and other health hazards. With our customized travel health plan, you get the latest developments needed to protect your health as you travel.
Our staff has received extensive training in travel medicine. With PrimeCare of Novi you will receive one-to-one counseling from a physician, not just a “medical professional” who is knowledgeable about travel medicine and immunizations.
You’ll receive an official immunization record to keep with your travel documents, along with a personalized comprehensive travel information binder. Each booklet details the health risks and requirements for the specific countries on your itinerary, consular information, general travel advice and tips on avoiding travelers’ diarrhea.
We also can be scheduled on-site to your location to offer travel medicine services for businesses, schools and other organizations.
Our services include:
- Customized, destination specific travel health consultations
- All International travel immunizations
- Onsite group services:
- Personalized Travel Health information
- Travel Safety & Security Tips
- Specialty Travel Health Products
- Medical Evacuation Insurance Recommendations:
- Email assistance during travel
- Travel Intelligence:
- Food and water and environmental precautions
- High altitude travel precautions
- Diving precautions
- Special consultations for the:
- Pregnant traveler
- Traveler with special needs
- Diabetic traveler
- Traveler traveling with oxygen
Some immunizations take time to be fully effective. We encourage travelers to contact us at least 8 weeks before departure and to have their itineraries sent to us at a minimum of 6 weeks in advance. If circumstances do not permit this, we will work with you to provide the best medical care possible within the constraints that time allows. While our Novi office is open 6 days a week, travel consultations are not done on Saturday or in our After-hours clinic without special prior approval.
Travel medicine consultations are not covered by insurance as there is no “diagnosis” associated with this service. The charge for this service is $100 and is non-refundable once the initial travel booklet has been completed for the traveler. We require a non-refundable deposit of $25 to be paid once the consultation is scheduled.
Most Immunizations are covered by Insurance. Established patients have the privilege of having their immunizations billed to their insurance (co-payments may apply and are due at the time of service). New patients will have to sign a waiver accepting responsibility for payment of all immunization fees not-covered by their insurance.
The following vaccinations are not stocked or covered by most insurances and will be billed to the traveler’s credit card if they require special order. The following prices are general guidelines for the vaccine and include the administration fee but may vary and are not guaranteed.
- Anthrax – $375 (5 doses)
- Japanese Encephalitis – $895 (3 doses)
- Rabies – $685 (3 shots)
- Typhoid Injectable – $130
- Yellow Fever – $175
Many travelers will need additional prescriptions for disease prevention. Malaria, Typhus, Traveler’s diarrhea and motion sickness are common needs. The costs of these prescriptions, which are filled by the pharmacy, are also not covered by the travel medicine consultation fee.
PrimeCare of Novi is a certified Travel Health Clinic in Oakland County. We provide the following services:
- Trip planning
- A comprehensive travel health brochure customized for your destination
- Vaccinations, including Yellow Fever
- International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP)
- Overseas consultations and coordination of services with local physicians.
We can now offer PCR testing for COVID-19 with next day results.
In order to provide all of these services, we require a minimum of 2 weeks notice and a detailed travel itinerary in advance of your departure date.
Be advised that some immunizations may not be fully effective unless more time is given.
An excellent pre-planning resource, and one we use extensively, is the travel health link at www.cdc.gov.